Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 41 on August 2nd 2014, 11:35
Statistics
We have 104 registered users
The newest registered user is patriciagray

Our users have posted a total of 8209 messages in 860 subjects
Latest topics
» Its been quiet.... to quiet...
February 27th 2015, 13:49 by Torrant

» Battle of Endor-September 6-7 Lets Get This Started!!!!
September 3rd 2014, 13:49 by Torrant

» I'm back, greg.
July 14th 2014, 14:36 by Saw

» Band of Brothers Operation Watchtower
May 30th 2014, 11:16 by Beaver

» Blitz Memorial Day
May 22nd 2014, 16:02 by Torrant

» Happy Birthday
May 15th 2014, 17:32 by Torrant

» Stormtrooper ETEK/EGO
March 19th 2014, 16:09 by Naid

» Tippmann Pros/Redcell Paintball
March 5th 2014, 04:55 by patriciagray

» Nemesis T-shirts
February 28th 2014, 11:44 by Little Trooper

Top posters
Torrant (1708)

Bronx (1375)

Lord Cuppy TuTu (973)

Wego (857)

Naid (494)

Saw (483)

MOTHER (323)

schuby (270)

Beaver (244)

Bolt (218)

July 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social Networking

Facebook
MySpace
Twitter
Email

Share | 

Operation Christmas Stockings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 12th 2010, 22:59

Ok guys Christina and I are going to send the troops Christmas Stockings through this organization.

http://operationgive.c5host.com/index.php/donate/our-operations/op-christmas-stocking/

Our goal is 100 stockings to send them, and we would love the team to help us out on this, were doing it either way but I thought this would be a great thing the team could get involved with. With many of us having been in the military before or having family who has we can all appreciate what this kind of things means to our troops.

The deadline to get them sent out is Nov 7th (they have to receive them by the 15th). So first I want to know who is in? Then we need to start getting things together. Christina has already said she will organize getting or sewing all the stockings we will need. So it would be up to us to gather all the stuff to put in them. There is a list on the site of what we need to gather or try and put in them.

If you want to help, the team should do what ever we can to start to get these items, take it into work, sell your body on the street corner to get the money to buy them, whatever, I wont judge. Then on Sunday Nov the 7th anybody who wants to come to the house to stuff stockings we will do so, then we can take a team photo with all the filled stockings and us in our shirts, feel great about ourselves and have something to post up on our site.

I'm going to see if other teams want to help too, as well as any families that want to give in some time. So what does everybody say, who would like to help us give a little Christmas cheer to the troops.

santa rendeer

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 13th 2010, 06:13

Im in i can collect money and send it to you. I think this would be better than me trying to ship a bunch of stuff to you.
This is awesome thanks for the opportunity to give this season.

LCT

Originally posted by Bronx: I just realized after learning all this stuff about LCT, that we are soul mates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bronx
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 13th 2010, 08:43

You know I and the rest of the Georgen family are in.

Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 13th 2010, 09:44

Awesome guys thanks.

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 13th 2010, 14:19

I'll see what's on the list and what I can find. I'm in as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 13th 2010, 15:35

Naid wrote:

Please don't just find it, it has to be new lol! we don't want your used deodorant, or lotion anywhere near the stockings.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 14th 2010, 10:58

If anybody needs any fliers, decorated boxes to put at at your work, or anything to help gather stuff let me know and I'll get it for you.

I can print out as many fliers or anything to help that you need. If you can print them out yourself, just go to that web site and you can download the flier for yourself.

Thanks for all the help, and if you could let me know how you are doing in collecting items so we know how far we have to go.

santa

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 14th 2010, 16:56

Torrant wrote:
Naid wrote:

Please don't just find it, it has to be new lol! we don't want your used deodorant, or lotion anywhere near the stockings.

Totally knew that!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 18th 2010, 10:01

Ok just to give you an update where we are at with this.

We have boxes for donations at my work (Technigraphics), at the DA's office both Loveland and FC, at the hospital where Christina used to work.

Christina and I have bought all the fabric and she and one of her friends is sewing all the stockings to make them more personalized rather than just a 1$ store stocking.

A friend of mine in Durango is making personal gifts (scarfs, etc.), she will make and send as many as she can before the deadline.

I have my ex's daughter who is in College who is writing as many Christmas cards as she can, along with all her college friends.

I've had a number of pledges to help, either financially or physically to help get them out the door.

Thanks to all that are helping so far.

Let me know how anybody else is doing so we can keep track of how things are coming along.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 21st 2010, 10:37

So I got a Dentist up here in Loveland to donate 100 toothbrushes and toothpaste, and

I have 3 teachers of kinder-garden kids having their kids draw pictures for the troops.

A Dermatologist in Loveland is donating 100 bottles of sun screen.

I'm working on an eye Dr. to donate some eye drops.

Is there any suggestions from anybody on places I should ask to help. The major stores like Wal-mart, Target, Kmart... wont donate unless you have the organization itself ask, which is near imposable to get.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 26th 2010, 15:55

We were asked if we could move up shipping the stockings to Friday Nov 5th, were not sure if we want to do this or not since it would make it tough for everybody helping to get us the stuff and it would practically mean we were stuffing them by ourselves.

However I was curious exactly who is going to come help on that Sunday to get them ready?

I haven't heard much from anybody on if they are getting items for this, or what.

Please let me know what kind of commitment you plan on giving so I can try and plan accordingly.

again thank you for any help you do want to give.

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 27th 2010, 01:22

I will try my best to make it. Though working retail.... dont' usually get Saturday's off..... Maybe if it's an early or late shift and not a mid I can make it for a bit at least. I'll let ya know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
selvacin
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 27th 2010, 02:00

well if we have the blitz game one the 6th then i can find a place to spend the night up there overnight at like motel or something, and go to the stocking event on the 7th or vise versa if you wanna do it on the 5th, either way ill do my best to show up. takes me 1/4-1/3 of tank of gas to get up there, and the same back, so a trip there and back 2 days in a row is harsh lol, and as for items what is needed, i can think of all kinds of things a soldier may wish for christmas, but is there anything specific.

I could go to like kinkos or something and get a bunch of christmas cards printed up that say marry christmas from Team nemesis in colo springs, co.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   October 27th 2010, 10:20

Selvacin the link at the top of the thread will give you a list for things they look for to give, but anything is good really just be wary of the size.

I am pretty positive we will be putting all the stockings together on that Sunday the 7th, it will be just to hard to get them together on a work week, so lets plan on the 7th being the day its happening.

the stuffing of the stockings and packing them up won't be that bad, so Selvacin don't waist money on a hotel or anything like that, if you want to help out and are going to be down here for the Blitz game on the 6th, just bring what you want to donate there and I'll add it to the stockings, but I wouldn't expect you to travel that far for the actual stuffing.

I don't want this to be a hardship for anybody really, if you can make it great, but if you can't then thats ok too.

For anybody who is donating money or collecting money for it, please PM me for details so I can figure out how to collect it, I'll have to have it no later than Thursday the 4th though since we plan on going shopping for everything we can buy for them on Friday the 5th.

Thanks everybody.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   November 2nd 2010, 13:24

Ok so can I get a head count on who will be there on Sunday? We are planning it for 1pm.

If you have anything to bring and are coming please just bring it with you.

If you plan on donating money instead I will need it no later than Thursday so I can go shopping with it on Friday night. Either call me to make arrangements or PM me here.

If you have something to contribute but will not be able to make it on Sunday, call or PM me to let me know when you can bring it in, I would like to have everything by Thursday the 4th so I know what I need to go buy. I might be able to make arrangements but I'm pretty busy this week so I can't really go pick up anything. I will be at the Blitz game on Sat the 6th so if you're going to that you can drop it off to me there.

Anything else just PM me or call.

Thanks everybody.

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   November 2nd 2010, 23:44

Will be able to help with the stuffing on Sun, but tight for donations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   November 3rd 2010, 09:13

Any help is appreciated, I know times are tough for some so don't worry if you can't afford to donate, we appreciate what you can give be it helping hands to donations.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   November 4th 2010, 14:56

If you are coming on Sunday and you have any extra boxes you can bring, it would be appreciated.

Address is 628 Cottonwood dr. Loveland CO 80538. Phone number is 970-402-3174 if you need to get in touch with me about anything.

As stated earlier we will be working on these around 1pm. Wear your Nemesis shirt if you come so we can get a group photo for the site when were done.

Thanks.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   November 7th 2010, 18:26

Sorry I didn't make this. I've been throwing up since yesterday night.

Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   November 7th 2010, 19:06

Bronx wrote:
Sorry I didn't make this. I've been throwing up since yesterday night.

NP we had plenty of help here.

We hit our goal of 100 stockings, stuffed packed, in fact each stocking had a stocking full of candy, cookies, a couple toys (cards, dice, etc...) and a separate bag full of hygiene items with eye drops, lotions, wet wipes, toothbrushes and toothpaste, etc. We also included a video of everybody, and all the kids who wrote to the soldiers over there.

All in all it was a great success thanks to everybody who helped make it happen from both Christina and I.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   November 8th 2010, 00:21

Just a couple of pics from the stocking stuff.

Thanks again everybody

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   November 8th 2010, 01:44

Nice guys. Wish I could have made it but I had to work =(. Retail really cuts into my weekend time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Christmas Stockings   

Back to top Go down

Operation Christmas Stockings
Page 1 of 1