Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 41 on August 2nd 2014, 11:35
Statistics
We have 104 registered users
The newest registered user is patriciagray

Our users have posted a total of 8209 messages in 860 subjects
Latest topics
» Its been quiet.... to quiet...
February 27th 2015, 13:49 by Torrant

» Battle of Endor-September 6-7 Lets Get This Started!!!!
September 3rd 2014, 13:49 by Torrant

» I'm back, greg.
July 14th 2014, 14:36 by Saw

» Band of Brothers Operation Watchtower
May 30th 2014, 11:16 by Beaver

» Blitz Memorial Day
May 22nd 2014, 16:02 by Torrant

» Happy Birthday
May 15th 2014, 17:32 by Torrant

» Stormtrooper ETEK/EGO
March 19th 2014, 16:09 by Naid

» Tippmann Pros/Redcell Paintball
March 5th 2014, 04:55 by patriciagray

» Nemesis T-shirts
February 28th 2014, 11:44 by Little Trooper

Top posters
Torrant (1708)

Bronx (1375)

Lord Cuppy TuTu (973)

Wego (857)

Naid (494)

Saw (483)

MOTHER (323)

schuby (270)

Beaver (244)

Bolt (218)

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social Networking

Facebook
MySpace
Twitter
Email

Share | 

ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MOTHER
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 15th 2011, 18:33

Walk with us on October 22, 2011
Registration Starts: 9:00am
Walk Starts: 10:00am

To join the team event and start raising donations go to our ADA Team page at http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/StepOut/ColoradoArea?team_id=518117&pg=team&fr_id=7915 and click on Join Team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 16th 2011, 09:46

I think we should take a bucket with us to games we go play at to help collect. I'm sure the Muppets will help out, they always do. I'll make up a bucket and sign.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 18th 2011, 15:12

So I decided to ask my work to help support our cause here, since we got bought out by CACI everything has to go through corporate in WA now, and there is a ton more paperwork involved, yet still I decided to try. I requested $1000 from them, figuring that best case is we get it, worse case we get a smaller amount.

I'm constantly getting e mails about how great our company is doing, with sometimes billion dollar contracts being won.

So in the end what did I get... here is a copy of the response from them.

Danon—

Thank you for your Project Philanthropy request for sponsorship for the American Diabetes Association Step out Walk.. While your request is important, it falls outside of Project Philanthropy's focus to consider and support requests with direct application to core educational initiatives, America's Warfighters and restoration of national treasures.

We can offer the following support:
• Please post the walk on the Employee Network.
• We're happy to send you a CACI Cares Piggy Bank for your desk to perhaps collect "loose change" from your colleagues for the organization's efforts.
• We can also send you a CACI Cares shirt or hat.

Best of luck!
affraid

Its nice to know I work for a company who cares, I now have a tee shirt that proves it. lol!

I am going to raffle off the tee shirt and piggy bank at work as a joke.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 23rd 2011, 10:17

How is everybody doing on fund raising so far? Anybody have a good idea for a group fund raising event?

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 23rd 2011, 21:07

Not so good. When I had a job, people would donate just for me to stop pestering, LOL. I'm open for any ideas for group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 24th 2011, 18:48

I was really hoping to see more of the team step up on this cause and walk, what a great way to show people that paintball is not a bunch of camo wearing war crazies. And a great time to show up in force wearing your jersey's.

I wish i could be there for this more than most of you could even understand.... so instead my wife and i have donated a pretty good sum of money to this cause.

I wish i could go into more about why this is such a good cause but i have trouble putting into words how much this disease has impacted my family.

I would like to take this time to thank anyone who does participate in this. On behalf of my wife, my father-in-law, brother-in-laws and my self thank you, thank you so very much for being a part of this.

LCT

Originally posted by Bronx: I just realized after learning all this stuff about LCT, that we are soul mates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 24th 2011, 22:23

Lord Cuppy TuTu wrote:
I was really hoping to see more of the team step up on this cause and walk, what a great way to show people that paintball is not a bunch of camo wearing war crazies. And a great time to show up in force wearing your jersey's.

I wish i could be there for this more than most of you could even understand.... so instead my wife and i have donated a pretty good sum of money to this cause.

I wish i could go into more about why this is such a good cause but i have trouble putting into words how much this disease has impacted my family.

I would like to take this time to thank anyone who does participate in this. On behalf of my wife, my father-in-law, brother-in-laws and my self thank you, thank you so very much for being a part of this.

LCT

Of course bud, my family has been hugely impacted by Diabetes as well, my father has it, my Grandma and Grandpa both had it be a contributor to their demise. I am very grateful for the chance to be a part of this as well. I really wish you could be down here walking with us as well, you guys are sorely missed.

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 25th 2011, 13:28

I wish all the events weren't on Saturday's. Our most crowded day is that day and my boss will not allow people taking off that day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 25th 2011, 15:45

I posted a thread and link on all the major forums for paintball world here in CO. I hope to generate some help since we've all helped other teams for charity events.

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   August 25th 2011, 22:51

Just a reminder people, if you are gonna walk or participate "you do" have to register, Info is in the first post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MOTHER
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   September 27th 2011, 17:07

Along with thanking all those who are participating and those who have sponsored, I want to say that I am Proud of The members, friends, and family of Team Nemesis who have joined in our walk to stop diabetes. This cause is a very personal one for many of us on this team and those in our families. We have already passed our initial team goal of $500 and are about to meet our next goal of $700.

If you have not already, please help by joining us on the walk on Oct 22nd in Downtown Denver or by sponsoring one of those already attending. You can donate or join by going to our team page at http://main.diabetes.org/goto/nemesispbteam Thank You

Current Participants registered:

Heather Hinely
Eugene Bentz
Jennifer Lehr
Jeremy Diaz
Donnie Lehr
Danon Hargadin
Forrest Georgen
Garret Gray
Amanda Walker
Christina Walker
Heather Walker
Chris C Cantrell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MOTHER
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 5th 2011, 13:57

Amazing job everybody, we have met our $700 goal. What do you think, should we go for $800??

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 5th 2011, 17:34

I'm still working on mine for sure, hit a huge wall with my work not letting me do anything to raise money. Eugene was able to hit up some people indirectly at our work but I'm a bit more in the spotlight so couldn't sneak in some fund-raising.

However Christina and I haven't given up, so lets go for it.

Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 18th 2011, 10:26

Where are we meeting at for this? I'll have a full car with Christina, and her daughters for walk but we wouldn't mind following people down. A central meeting spot would be nice if we could come up with one.

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 18th 2011, 15:13

So just a few more days. We have passed our third Team Goal of $800 and currently at $910. Great job everyone. I especially want to thank Heather Hinely and her family for their support of this cause.

Here are the current numbers:

Heather Hinely $340.00
Eugene Bentz $185.00
Jennifer Lehr $150.00
Jeremy Diaz $130.00
Danon Hargadin $55.00
Chris Cantrell $25.00
Donnie Lehr $25.00

If we want to meet up on the way down, best suggestion would be at 119 and I-25. Really just concerned about meeting up at the event as The Downtown Denver Aquarium is one of the easiest places to get to. I will send all those details out later today, via this forum and the e-mail addresses those who registered, provided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beaver
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 18th 2011, 18:19

I'd be down for carpooling if others have room or if a few people need to catch a ride in my car. I can fit three others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MOTHER
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 19th 2011, 22:32

Hey Everybody,

Just want to thank everyone for their hard work in trying to get sponsorships and donations for the event. If you have not been able to get any, do not worry. Your presence at the walk sends as big of a message as raising money for the event.

Please remember to bring your Collection envelopes. If all donations are online, they still want the envelops as the front contains the waiver forms all participants must sign and submit. If you did not get a collection envelope in the mail, do not worry. They have extra ones at the registration tent. As being a former volunteer who has worked the registration tent, being prepared is very appreciated.

So we should meet up at 8:45am at the Downtown Denver Aquarium. Particularly on the South side of the registration tent. Members of Team Nemesis will be wearing our Team Jerseys, so we should be easy to spot. Parking will be in the Aquarium parking lot with overflow at the Riverside Baptist Church. There should be a lot of signs relating to this once you get there.
Directions
Via I-25 Northbound

From I-25 traveling north: Exit 23rd Avenue (Exit 211). Follow the exit to the right (you will now be heading east), where you will immediately see the Aquarium on your right.
Via I-25 Southbound

From I-25 Southbound: Exit 23rd Avenue (Exit 211). Turn left at the stop sign (you will now be heading east), and you will see the Aquarium on your right just after your cross over I-25.
Via Downtown Denver

Go west on 15th Street to Platte Street. Turn left at Platte and continue past the REI Building. Platte Street will turn into Water Street. You will see the Aquarium on the left side of the street.

Chris Cantrell is willing to carpool from Ft. Collins area to the event. If you would like to get in touch with Chris and do not have his info, let me know and I will forward your contact info to him.

I'm excited!!!! Hope to see you all Saturday for a great day to remember those we have lost, those we know that are living with Diabetes, and a fun way to raise this awareness.

For any further questions, please contact me at jberretdiaz@gmail.com or 720-235-9002.

Thank you all so much,

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naid
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 21st 2011, 01:56

I hope all you guys have a great time walking for such an impacting disease. Although I didn't donate as much as our other teammates but I still care very greatly. I wish I was able to attend but because I work I wouldn't be able to join. In the future I'll be granted with further job security and i'll be able to attend more events like this one with comfort.

P.S take tons of pics guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 21st 2011, 15:49

Thanks Selvacin for your donation, wish you could be there for the walk.

Were at $1272 Guys!!!! WAY TO GO, damn I'm fucking proud of my team and their families!

Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 22nd 2011, 00:01

Another 35 from me!!! Idk if Ill make it to the walk.. my grandmother is going in to surgery tmr :-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wego
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 22nd 2011, 00:06

Just checked and we are now at $1629! Woohoo

Sorry to hear about your grandma, hope all goes well!

Lord Cuppy Tutu Quote: "I love how turds and blue balls comes up in a conversation about fixing cars"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MOTHER
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 22nd 2011, 00:07

Gauss wrote:
Another 35 from me!!! Idk if Ill make it to the walk.. my grandmother is going in to surgery tmr :-(

Thanks Zach, Hope all goes well with your Grandmas surgery. Sending positive thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gauss
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 22nd 2011, 00:07

Thank You!! Hope so too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wego
Nemesis Post Whore

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 22nd 2011, 14:32

Had a lot of fun this morning at the walk. For those that didn't make it, here is a little of what you missed:

Lord Cuppy Tutu Quote: "I love how turds and blue balls comes up in a conversation about fixing cars"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beaver
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   October 22nd 2011, 22:42

Yup, really bummed I couldn't make it Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22   

Back to top Go down

ADA Step Out Walk to Stop Diabetes Oct 22
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1