Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 250 on September 23rd 2021, 19:36
Statistics
We have 104 registered users
The newest registered user is patriciagray

Our users have posted a total of 8209 messages in 860 subjects
Latest topics
» Its been quiet.... to quiet...
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2015, 13:49 by Torrant

» Battle of Endor-September 6-7 Lets Get This Started!!!!
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2014, 13:49 by Torrant

» I'm back, greg.
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2014, 14:36 by Saw

» Band of Brothers Operation Watchtower
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 11:16 by Beaver

» Blitz Memorial Day
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 16:02 by Torrant

» Happy Birthday
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2014, 17:32 by Torrant

» Stormtrooper ETEK/EGO
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2014, 16:09 by Naid

» Tippmann Pros/Redcell Paintball
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2014, 04:55 by patriciagray

» Nemesis T-shirts
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2014, 11:44 by Little Trooper

Top posters
Torrant (1708)
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcapanybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Voting_baranybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Bronx (1375)
anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Vote_lcapanybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Voting_baranybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Lord Cuppy TuTu (973)
Wego (857)
Naid (494)
Saw (483)
MOTHER (323)
schuby (270)
Beaver (244)
Bolt (218)
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social Networking

Facebook
MySpace
Twitter
Email

anybody want to build a tank?

Go down 
+5
Bronx
Wego
Rug Rat
Villageidiot
Saw
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saw

Saw

anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 20:42

yes that would actually easy to because it is very boxlike
Back to top Go down
Rug Rat
Team Nemesis
Rug Rat

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 20:53

ok dude, then thats our design!
Back to top Go down
Saw

Saw

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 20:55

ok sweet now what we have to look into is a chasis for our tank also pictures of the tank would help, also how we are going to mounting the shroud on either by intergration i.e welding or a kit that is placed on the "tank"
Back to top Go down
Rug Rat
Team Nemesis
Rug Rat

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2009, 21:10

well it all comes down to the chassis i think, and if we care if we can ever drive it again or not, lol
Back to top Go down
Wego
Nemesis Post Whore
Wego

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2009, 00:54

a design for a tank is actually in the works, I'll keep you posted as to whether this is going to move forward or not
Back to top Go down
Bronx
Nemesis Post Whore
Bronx

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2009, 02:44

Wego wrote:
a design for a tank is actually in the works, I'll keep you posted as to whether this is going to move forward or not

Keep me posted as well, this would be a good idea. I'm trying to get our sponsor to sell me the Freakshow Suburban, this might work.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2009, 07:34

yes we need more tanks in Co. I've been working on a 6x6 for like a year now to tank out. I want one to take to all the south games by me. ( Dragonman's, Colorsplash and the Silent Legion private fielfd is only 10 minutes away from me.) I advise against using an old 6x6 like me cuz parts are hard to find and expensive. Tires were like $80 each, I'm still fighting gremlins in atwice rebulit carb/ fuel system and whoever designed a chain drive system should be drug into the street and shot! I'ts now at my buddies fab shop so he can make it work. If he can put a 6.0 in a 85 4runner, he can make my tank work.
Back to top Go down
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore
Torrant

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2009, 08:08

I'm pretty good at building anything really, if help is needed on putting together a tank, I have access to a full woodshop, no welder though unfortunately but just about anything else.

Keep me posted, would def be interested in helping with this.
Back to top Go down
Saw

Saw

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2009, 15:26

ok thanks i am going to draw up the designs this weekend
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2009, 17:42

Darn i wish i was here for this, i would love to build a tank.
Back to top Go down
Rug Rat
Team Nemesis
Rug Rat

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2009, 20:22

so are we talking bout possibly building a team nemesis tank here? everybody kind of tossing in what they can to help out kind of deal?
Back to top Go down
Villageidiot

Villageidiot

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2009, 14:42

i might be getting a double trouble in exchange for my shotgun and 98 so i will have that for the tank
Back to top Go down
Rug Rat
Team Nemesis
Rug Rat

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2009, 17:33

your serious nik? that'd be really sick!
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2009, 21:35

Hell i would just round up a bunch of used stock ions they sell for next to nothing and just load a old crappy suburban up with them. The only thing you need to think about is where you are going to get all those air tanks from.
Back to top Go down
schuby
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2009, 17:33

Which is why we just get one or two massive scuba tanks that shoot near 10k rounds(that's a complete shot in the dark number btw) before needing to be filled.
Back to top Go down
Saw

Saw

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2009, 17:40

around 4 thousand shots, my tank wil most likely be outfitted with three pound co2 tanks they are easier to get smaller too
Back to top Go down
schuby
Team Nemesis

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2009, 19:48

4000? You should get more than that off a scuba tank. I looked at a 100 cubic foot one, 3000psi, and entered it into a shot calculator, and it said you'd get about 10k shots.
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2009, 22:39

Only problem with Co2 is if you have many guns pulling off that one tank the reg will freeze in a matter of seconds, better to go with compressed air. Plus it is cheeper to fill. Hell you can get a bulk buy of nitro tanks from action village (link http://www.actionvillage.com/031-161-0014 ) for cheep just get about 9-12 tanks for about 6 guns and your set. You will be rock'n for a while.
Back to top Go down
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore
Torrant

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2009, 23:20

Totally agree with LCT, CO2 will only cause you problems.
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 08:08

Only putting this out there because you only want to have to spend money once and not run into problems first time out. Eliminate as many potential problems before you even start. This is not as easy as you think you cant just put a double trouble on a minivan and be done with it.

You have to be able to handle all types of terrane, protection for the driver, need to be able to maintain 5 - 10 miles per hour easily, full range of vision for up coming obstacles and people. It cant be to loud so you can hear the near by ref. And so on. Do you need to weld anything? Do you need to cut and reshape any metal, do you have money to replace the windows with lexan? There is a lot to think about. Make sure you go over every angle at least ten times then have two to three other people do the same.
Back to top Go down
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore
Torrant

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 08:34

again I agree, building a pb tank is one thing, building one that you can actually use in tournaments is a whole other animal, and very costly.
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 08:38

I am really not trying to burst anyones dreams just shed a little more light onto this topic.
Back to top Go down
Bronx
Nemesis Post Whore
Bronx

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 11:15

Lord Cuppy TuTu wrote:
I am really not trying to burst anyones dreams just shed a little more light onto this topic.

Well my dreams are shot, thanks again. But like I said earlier I'm still trying to get the Freakshow suburban but not promising anything. Man I say "but" a lot.
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2009, 13:09

Its cause you keep thinking of my butt.
Back to top Go down
Wego
Nemesis Post Whore
Wego

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2009, 00:49

I've got a line on a jeep Cherokee that would be perfect for my design, I have someone that can do the metal work and I have a line on a guy that may do the glass/lexan swap for the windshield in exchange for some website work. This is not a done deal, still in the early stages of the plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anybody want to build a tank?   anybody want to build a tank? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anybody want to build a tank?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next