Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 250 on September 23rd 2021, 19:36
Statistics
We have 104 registered users
The newest registered user is patriciagray

Our users have posted a total of 8209 messages in 860 subjects
Latest topics
» Its been quiet.... to quiet...
My New Projects Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2015, 13:49 by Torrant

» Battle of Endor-September 6-7 Lets Get This Started!!!!
My New Projects Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2014, 13:49 by Torrant

» I'm back, greg.
My New Projects Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2014, 14:36 by Saw

» Band of Brothers Operation Watchtower
My New Projects Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 11:16 by Beaver

» Blitz Memorial Day
My New Projects Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 16:02 by Torrant

» Happy Birthday
My New Projects Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2014, 17:32 by Torrant

» Stormtrooper ETEK/EGO
My New Projects Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2014, 16:09 by Naid

» Tippmann Pros/Redcell Paintball
My New Projects Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2014, 04:55 by patriciagray

» Nemesis T-shirts
My New Projects Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2014, 11:44 by Little Trooper

Top posters
Torrant (1708)
My New Projects Vote_lcapMy New Projects Voting_barMy New Projects Vote_rcap 
Bronx (1375)
Lord Cuppy TuTu (973)
Wego (857)
Naid (494)
Saw (483)
MOTHER (323)
schuby (270)
Beaver (244)
Bolt (218)
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social Networking

Facebook
MySpace
Twitter
Email

My New Projects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeNovember 7th 2010, 22:54

I went to go look at a 1940 Oldsmobile 2 door coupe and was expecting to talk the guy down a bit from his 1000 dollar asking price. Instead he made me an offer i just could not pass up. He offered me a 1940 Olds 2dr coupe and a 1941 Chevy 2dr coupe for 1000. Plus he also threw in a set of crager rims, headers, all the chrome trim for cars, shifters and a huge box of parts. So after 16 hours and two days of drive time and load time i finally got both back to the ranch. No i just need to figure out how i want to build them and get started. So now for the pictures. Remember these cars have been sitting in a field for quite some time, so they look a little ragged.

This will also be a build thread. So i will update with pictures as i make progress.

1940 Oldsmobile 2 door coupe
My New Projects Img_3012
My New Projects Img_3013
My New Projects Img_3015

And the 1041 Chevy 2 door coupe (I have yet to put on the fenders)
My New Projects Img_3016
My New Projects Img_3112
My New Projects Img_3018

And then some together
My New Projects Img_3110
My New Projects Img_3111

Last edited by Lord Cuppy TuTu on November 8th 2010, 17:01; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bolt

Bolt

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 00:18

Are you building Both or just one? If one I would choose the 1940 way better looking with more potential and parts are easier to find due to higher production numbers! Are you looking to do a stock restore or custom rod build? That is a crazy deal... I would sell the one you like the least and use the money you make to get the frame sand blasted and powder coated!
Back to top Go down
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore
Torrant

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 10:51

That is a great deal LCT, lots of work to do but boy what a great couple of projects, something you can work on with kids later in life and pass down.

Good luck and keep us updated on how they are going.
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 17:00

Had to edit my post, they are 1940 Olds and a 1941 Chevy i had them switched.

The 41 chevy has everything all the chrome, seats, guages, original motor, transmission, frame and rearend. So i will probably do the Chevy first and i am thinking selling all the original parts so someone can rebuild one proper and rodding it out. Thinking of building my own frame out of 2x3, then making it a true 4 link ford 9 inch with IFS up front. I want to put the new E-rod engine in it from chevy if i go the route of street rodding it, and the new 6X six-speed tans from TCI.

With the 1940 Olds i think i am going to build a fenderless rod with that one custom everything but running a 383 with quad weber set up, TH400 trans and a ford 9 inch. Not much else maybe a flat black paint job. Not sure on this one, was also thinking of building one for the wife to cruse around in so we will see.

Back to top Go down
Bolt

Bolt

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 17:30

Also go with rack and pinon steering up front.. A buddy used Flaming River for his project and the fit and finish was superb and it looked awesome! I like all the other ideas! I would also add air bags if you are going to show it and for comfort.. as for the olds do a true rat rod build keep it cheap and fun... One for show and one for fun, well both for fun but you get the point..lol
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 17:57

Already plan on adding airbags, HID headlights, rack and pinion is part of a front IFS setup, A/C and the whole package, the chevy will be a complete custom build. Paint we are looking at a two tone synergy green and gloss black or synergy green with flat black accents. still in the planning phase. But some things are already in motion.
Back to top Go down
Bolt

Bolt

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeNovember 8th 2010, 18:18

Cool deal man! Well keep us posted with pics and document everything you do to it with pics it will be worth it in the end!
Back to top Go down
Lord Cuppy TuTu
Admin
Lord Cuppy TuTu

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 20:31

Well i never got a chance to work on either of these two sweet ladies, but they are heading to two new homes to get the love they deserve. I just sold both of them for far more than i paid.

The even better news is that i have already made a deal to purchase a new more manageable project that i will be picking up in Colorado the Friday i get out there. I wont spoil the surprise yet as to what it is.... but wooo damn it is a sweet ride. So you will all have a chance to see her when i show up at the May event.

Back to top Go down
Torrant
Nemesis Post Whore
Torrant

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitimeApril 27th 2011, 23:25

Damn I can't wait for this trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My New Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New Projects   My New Projects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My New Projects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum :: Non-Paintball :: Automobiles-
Jump to: