Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 250 on September 23rd 2021, 19:36
Statistics
We have 104 registered users
The newest registered user is patriciagray

Our users have posted a total of 8209 messages in 860 subjects
Latest topics
» Its been quiet.... to quiet...
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2015, 13:49 by Torrant

» Battle of Endor-September 6-7 Lets Get This Started!!!!
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2014, 13:49 by Torrant

» I'm back, greg.
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2014, 14:36 by Saw

» Band of Brothers Operation Watchtower
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2014, 11:16 by Beaver

» Blitz Memorial Day
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2014, 16:02 by Torrant

» Happy Birthday
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2014, 17:32 by Torrant

» Stormtrooper ETEK/EGO
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2014, 16:09 by Naid

» Tippmann Pros/Redcell Paintball
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2014, 04:55 by patriciagray

» Nemesis T-shirts
APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2014, 11:44 by Little Trooper

Top posters
Torrant (1708)
APE OLED boards Vote_lcapAPE OLED boards Voting_barAPE OLED boards Vote_rcap 
Bronx (1375)
Lord Cuppy TuTu (973)
Wego (857)
Naid (494)
Saw (483)
MOTHER (323)
schuby (270)
Beaver (244)
Bolt (218)
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social Networking

Facebook
MySpace
Twitter
Email

APE OLED boards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rkenders

rkenders

APE OLED boards Empty
PostSubject: APE OLED boards   APE OLED boards Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2012, 07:22

I have a Dangerous Power G4, 2010 PMR and a 2011 Reflex which conveniently APE makes boards for amongst other guns. I wish they made a board for the Drone DX!!! I was content to use the stock boards since OLED boards tend to be expensive, but then I met chuckasaurus on pbnation who is sponsored by APE. He sells any of their OLED boards with grips for $80. Since the price was now under the $100 mark I considered it a possibility. I had already seen an APE OLED board and knew they were pretty nice. I bought a UL board from him. The UL board will fit any Dye or Proto gun that has the UL frame. It took a few minutes to pull the stock board from my Reflex and a few more to put in the APE board. Once the board was in I turned on the gun and the APE logo came up and a second later it was ready to fire with all default settings. The first thing I did was set the board to the factory settings which was really easy since you don't have to count blinking lights or remember what anything is since it's right there on the screen. I was experimenting on a warm day and had my dwell set to 8 and was getting consistent results. The next day it was in the 40's and when the gun cooled down in the middle of a fire fight the bolt was sticking and my velocities were getting really bad. It took me less than 5 seconds to go into set up, set the dwell to 15 (stock) and then I was back in the game. I am a tweaker by nature and I am always messing with my triggers to get them perfect with no extra travel and consistent pulls. That also means that the trigger may be very close to the pull point so that recoil can cause trigger bounce. APE has a nice trigger debounce feature that is absolutely rock solid. I'm not the guy who fakes his trigger pulls. I want every trigger pull to count as 1 ball. I don't ramp and I don't use debounce to make me faster. There is a feature in the board that I have used extensively called Trigger Trainer Mode. You go into setup and then TTM and you can practice walking the trigger. The display gives you a bar graph to show you how fast you are going and also displays your peak and average speed. I have increased my trigger walking speed using the TTM mode by 5-7bps. The really cool thing is you don't need anything but the gun to practice trigger walking. I watch TV and rip 200 plus pulls at a time or 15 or 20 and check my speed as I am practicing. My left hand used to top out at 6-7bps and now it's faster than my right hand which is my dominant hand.

Conclusion: APE OLEDs have the best display of all the after market boards, the most features and the easiest configuration. There are so many options crammed into the board that some you will have never heard of, but can be very useful. I have since bought one for my G4 and PMR and they all work exactly the same. That is to say VERY well and easy to set up. For $80 you can't beat it.
Back to top Go down

APE OLED boards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nemesis Paintball Team - Forum :: Equipment :: Electronics-
Jump to: